How to take care of someone with fibromyalgia



When you see us happy does not necessarily mean that we do not have pain, simply we are dealing with it. Some people think that we can not be so bad if we look good. The pain is not visible. This is a chronic illness "invisible" and it is not easy for us to have it. 


Please understand that because we can not work as before, it is not that we are lazy. Our tiredness and pain is unpredictable and because of this we have to make adjustments in our way of life. Something that seems simple and easy to do is not for us, and can cause us much fatigue and pain. 
Not necessarily something we did yesterday we can do today, but it does not mean that we will not be able to do it again. Sometimes we get depressed. Who would not be depressed with a constant and constant pain? It has been found that depression occurs with the same frequency in fibromyalgia as in any other chronic pain condition. It does not give us pain to be depressed but we are depressed by the pain and incapacity to do what we used to be. 
We also feel bad when there is no support and understanding from doctors, family and friends. Please understand me, with your support and help you lessen my pain. Even if we slept all night, we did not rest enough. People with fibromyalgia have a poor quality sleep, which makes the pain worse on days when they sleep poorly. It is not easy for us to remain in the same position (even if seated) for a long time. This causes us much pain and takes time to recover. 


So we do not go to some activities that we know that this factor would hurt us. Sometimes we go, although we know the consequences that will follow. We are not going crazy if we sometimes forget simple things, what we were saying, the name of someone or we say the wrong word. These are cognitive problems that are part of fibromyalgia especially in the days when we have a lot of pain. It's a little strange for you and me. 
But let's laugh together and help us maintain our sense of humor. Most people with fibromyalgia are better aware of this condition than some doctors and others because we have been forced to educate ourselves to understand our body. So, please, if you're going to suggest a "cure" for me, do not do it. 
It is not because I do not appreciate your help or I do not want to improve myself, but because I keep myself well informed and I have already tried many things. We feel very happy when we have a day with little or no pain, when we get a good night's sleep, when we do something we have not been able to do for a long time, when they understand us. We truly appreciate everything you've done and can do for me; Including your effort to inform and understand me. 


Small things mean a lot to me and I need you to help me. Be gentle and patient. Remember that inside this aching and tired body I am still me. I am trying to learn to live day by day, with my new limitations and to keep hope in tomorrow. Help me to laugh and see the wonderful things that God gives us. Thank you for reading this and taking care of your time. Maybe from now on you can understand me better. I really appreciate your interest and support. "


Translated from: 
https://web.facebook.com/TengofibromialgiayNOsoyinvisible/posts/888757744515794
How to take care of someone with fibromyalgia How to take care of someone with fibromyalgia Reviewed by Staff on 08:38 Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD